Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day



I just wanted to express how thankful I am that I get to be a mother to quite a few kids, both here in the US and in Mexico.  I couldn't ask for a sweeter son than my Noah.  He has such a sensitive heart for God, and he's always my #1 little man, and he so willingly shares my love with so many other kids who call me "Mom."  I am so grateful that God has opened up our world and our hearts to include all of them.  My heart is full of blessings that each one of the children in my life have brought into my life, and I can't imagine life any other way.

Our Orange County kids fill our home with joy and have added many girls to our lives, which is a wonderful addition, and I love my God-given daughters so very much.  They make me laugh, and they brighten my life and my weekends.

All the little (and big) ones that God has brought into my life through the work of Una Esperanza fill my heart with love and hope for them, that they will have a better future because they are coming to know Christ as their hope.  God has given Brad and I the privilege of unique positions as the father and mother of so many children who know no other love or parenting.  

I'm also so thankful to God for my own mom.  Hopefully she'll forgive my using this picture from our past.  She has taught me and continues to teach me much about living by faith and loving God.  I'm so proud of the legacy of faith that my mom has given me, and I want to always pass that on to my children - God is good, and He is faithful, and He can be trusted with anything and everything.  Thank you God, and thank you, Mom.

No comments: